Software Test Engineer
About School Pathways
School Pathways is a rapidly growing education technology company providing Independent Study, personalized learning, and student information systems for charter schools, public districts, and county offices of education. We offer solutions that allow educators to create and manage virtual, online, and personalized learning plans to meet the unique needs of each student. If you are excited about joining a tight-knit team that provides innovative technology that helps every student to find their path to educational success, apply to join the School Pathways team today.
The Software Test Engineer (STE) at School Pathways will work with our development and support teams to ensure that new features and updates are rolled out to meet requirements, free of defects or deficiencies. The STE will manage and address issue tickets as they move into and out of the Testing Backlog while gaining a progressive understanding of School Pathways’ web-based K12- administrative products. The STE will work as an integral part of the dev team, participating in regular check-ins and technical discussions but also be able to communicate effectively with support staff when needed.
This position is remote (though we have two offices in Northern California).
***Candidates in Northern California are strongly preferred.
- Validating patches and updates issued by software developers in our dev and test environments to resolve support tickets.
- Create, run and maintain automated tests to proactively identify software defects and identify regressions.
- Testing and verification of issue tickets submitted by the support team.
- Assisting with User Acceptance Testing.
- Contributing to ongoing development of the software quality assurance plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience for a SaaS company in a Test Engineer/Analyst capacity.
- Experience in a variety of testing strategies including the use of test plans and automation.
- Fluency in PHP or similar server-side scripting languages and basic knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge and experience of frameworks used in testing web applications such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar issue tracking system.
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment.
- Competitive compensation plan commensurate with background and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous employee vacation and company holiday schedule
- 401K participation with company matching
- Employee paid life insurance
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.